I used to be SO organized. Now I can't keep up with anything. Not that many check here to see what's up with our family anymore, but to those few that are followers, I apologize for the lengthy gap.
So the insanity of summer is here, and it is QUITE a summer.
Craigan & Zacky just got back from a week of camp thru the Semper Fi Fund. It was all kids of injured Marines, and they had a GREAT time! I've never been comfortable with the thought of sending off one of my kids to an overnight camp if they were under 12, and here I let BOTH my "babies" go. And it was all the way up in Pennsylvania! Talk about trusting this was a MUCH needed experience. They really did have a blast, made great friends, learned alot, and grew to love and adore their mentors. Each child was teamed up with an older teen (organizers didn't realize we had 2 or 3 that would have been in that slot as well...darn it).
Along with camp for the younger boys, we held Jason's Retirement Ceremony. He is now on what is called "terminal leave". Basically, he's using up his vacation days at the end of his time in service, and doesn't have to report in to anyone until his time is UP. By the last day of July, he will officially be a Retired US Marine, and life will be heading down an equally unknown path as it was when he chose to enlist.
As part of our new life path, we are buying a house out near Raleigh. I've not been NEARLY as organized as I have been with all of our other moves (not including the 2 street move from Ohio Ct to this house. Why waste energy with that one, ya know. Too many other worries.) So, all of last week while the boys were gone, I did an intense attack on their bedroom. Got ALL toys out into the garage. Emptied all drawers & closet so I could organize and purge anything that they don't wear. Craigan had FOUR different sizes of jeans in his drawer. No WONDER he could never find anything to wear! That problem has been dealt with, and he not only is FINALLY able to open and close his jean drawer, but he can WEAR what is inside. ;0) AT LAST....ahhhhh. He's a happy young man, I must say. It's the little things in life.
I've washed a bazillion loads of laundry, and no matter how many I get washed, the kids keep sneaking more stuff into the laundry room. I think they get it from their friends JUST because they know I refuse to wait on them any more. Dear as I love my kids, but SHEESH they are an unmotivated bunch these days. I told them that when THEY have severe PTSD, a brain injury, a hurt back, and a seriously damaged knee, then and ONLY THEN will they be allowed to do as few chores around the house as dad. Until then... MOVE IT-MOVE IT--MOOOOVVVVEEE ITTTT!!!!!!
Wanna know the best part about this move and the fact they aren't hardly doing anything to help (who wants their house cleaned? they're GREAT elsewhere, just not here!! I've seen it, I swear they're AWESOME cleaners, organizers, babysitters, yard cleaners, pet sitters, etc.) The more I sort and clean on my own, ignoring them, the less attached I am to the "stuff" that I'm sick of putting away, and the more I am easily parting with so I don't have to deal with it ANY MORE. He he hehe, freedom.
If I keep up the pace of the last 2 days, then by next Monday, I will not only feel EVERY muscle in my body and be incapable of moving without sending my feet into spasms, but I will have a HUGE pile for the trash pickup, LOTS of empty space in rooms/closets/garage, AND the peace of mind knowing I'll have THAT much less to unpack and find a place for in our new home. ha HA, there IS a plan.
I have to say, in the whole family's defense, it has been an emotionally exhausting couple of years, and getting motivated to do ANYTHING takes alot more then it used to. Now we are adding the fact that we will NOT be an active duty military family living on or very near a base --
- -- this is going to be W E I R D ! ! ! ! !
So, I'll attempt to remember to take pictures.
I'll attempt to write more often.
I'll attempt to keep up on the reading of others blogs and Facebook updates.
I WILL always love my family and do whatever I need to do to keep us progressing forward. (including staying up till 1am to rotate another load of laundry so the machines are working while we sleep.)
Just another change. We're pretty good at those, and Heavenly Father has always made sure our family knows we are never alone in all we face, so I know he will help me to help my family, and he will help us ALL pull together as we always do to make this move successful.
1 comment:
We are excited for you guys as you move into this new chapter of your lives! Transition is always difficult (and for some of us scary) but I know you guys will enjoy the new lifestyle headed your way. Give us a call if you need anything!
Post a Comment